[OpendTect_Developers] Building OpendTect from source

oemergenc at gmail.com oemergenc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:51:29 CEST 2012

Hey there,

im trying to build OpendTect from source. Unfortenately i wasnt able to
build it successfully and i run into a lot of trouble. I tried to use the
same version as mentionend in the online documentation. Im using the source
from Opendtect version 4.3.1, QT 4.5.3 and although the correct version of
coin3d. When trying to build OpendTect with CMake i got the following error
message after some debug output:

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works

Detecting C compiler ABI info

Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

Detecting QT location: C:/dev/Qt/4.5.3

Looking for Q_WS_X11

Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.

Looking for Q_WS_WIN

Looking for Q_WS_WIN - found

Looking for Q_WS_QWS

Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.

Looking for Q_WS_MAC

Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.

Found Qt-Version 4.5.3 (using C:/dev/Qt/4.5.3/bin/qmake.exe)

Detecting COIN location: C:/dev/Coin3D

CMake Error at CMakeModules/ODModDeps.cmake:26 (FILE):

file Internal CMake error when trying to open file: C:/Program

Files/OpendTect/4.3.1/4.3.1/data//ModDeps.od for writing.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:85 (OD_WRITE_MODDEPS)

There are a lot more error messages but this is the very first. The other
are quit similar to this one. Can anyone point me in the right direction
what this is all about?

I although tried to build the actual version wof OpendTect with CMake, but
as i realized, the CMakeLists.txt file that ships with the actual version
of OpendTect seems not to be updated to match the actual version.
Is there a way to get a CMakeLists.txt file that matches the actual version
of OpendTect? When trying to build the actual version with CMake i got
error messages of missing directories.
Hopefully anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance