[OpendTect_Developers] Ubuntu build problem

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Thu Sep 27 11:08:55 CEST 2012

Dear David,

I have analyzed the cmake code around this place, and I am trying to
figure out what goes wrong. The only thing I can thing of is that the
SIMVoleon.a file was not located. Can you check if
OD_SIMVOLEON_LIBRARY is set in the CMakeCache.txt (or in the GUI if
you use that).

With regards, to the missing plugin directories, that will be fixed in
the next stable release.

Thanks for reporting this,

Kristofer Tingdahl

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM, David d'Angelo
<david.d-angelo at iais.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to compile OpendTect 4.4.0 under Ubuntu 12.04. Unfortunately, I
> am running into some problems regarding the cmake scripts. I am using cmake
> version 2.8.7.
>
> 1)It seems that the cmake script is looking for non-existing folders (GMT,
> uiGMT, Madagascae, uiImpGPR, uiMadagascar). Is this caused by the fact that
> I didn't install all available plugins? In the meantime, I just remove the
> commands in the CMakeLists.txt.
>
> 2)CMake then produces the following error:
>  CMake Error at CMakeModules/ODMacroUtils.cmake:175 (add_custom_command):
>    add_custom_command Wrong syntax.  A TARGET or OUTPUT must be specified.
>  Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    src/SoOD/CMakeLists.txt:63 (OD_INIT_MODULE)
>
> Did anybody succeed building OpendTect with this environment (or a similar
> environment)? If so, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.
CEO