[OpendTect_Developers] Ubuntu build problem

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Thu Sep 27 15:00:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,

a user on the mailing list replied to my previous e-mail and said he
had the same problems. He also gave me his CMakeCache.txt file, and
from there I found:

//Path to a library.
OD_SIMVOLEON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OD_SIMVOLEON_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

In contradiction to Coin and SoQt, SIMVoleon should be a static
library. When you build coin (either on Linux or MacOS), you have to
specify that. When I configure SIMVoleon, I run:

./configure --prefix /Users/Shared/appman/mac/coin/inst313_qt482
--without-framework --enable-static --disable-shared

Note that if you are on Linux, you should skip the --without-framework part.

I hope this helps.

- Kristofer Tingdahl

--
Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.