[OpendTect_Developers] Nightly generation of OpendTect documentation

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Tue Apr 16 10:40:03 CEST 2013

Dear fellow developers,

Some of you requested that we should improve our code documentation, and
you are right at that. There are improvements to be made, and we have put a
couple of man-month on it this winter. That does however not mean we are
done yet.

Our next step is that we have started to publish the nightly build of our
class documentation of our code trunk at
http://static.opendtect.org/classdoc/html/index.html . The reason for this
is that whenever we get questions through support or other communications
with you, our first call should be to update the document the code better
(as it was not properly understood), and refer back to the updated
documentation. Previously, that could not be done, as the documentation
would not reach the developer until next stable release, possibly a year
ahead in time.

It is also our hope that this will encourage you to ask more questions, so
that we together can make the documentation better.

Sincerely,

Kristofer Tingdahl

--
Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.