[OpendTect_Developers] Remote 3D rendering/ Use of the GPU

Julien Moreau julien.moreau at geo.ku.dk
Thu Feb 28 23:31:06 CET 2013

Thank you all for the advices,

I managed, after some crisis with my server, to make VirtualGL /TurboVNC perform properly. If the configuration fails, you can loose access to X locally (.Xauthority gets corrupted). The documentation is not completely up to date regarding lightdm and VirtualGL. However the scripts 'speak' the truth so that if you follow their verbose it actually works.

If it will be directly included into OpendTect it is indeed easier for the user and the sys admin. If I have a little bit of time, next week I will produce a small text for the ones which would be interested in doing the same.

Thanks for the help,

Julien