[OpendTect_Developers] Issue with setting Opendtect 4.6 Data Root location

Aneesh aneesh.tiwari at dgbes.com
Mon Sep 30 11:52:58 CEST 2013

Hi Ömer

As you have checked out the code directly from svn repository,  so by
default the odSettings file in the data folder is read-only, which is
actually copied to the .od/settings folder, thus it fails to write to
this file in .od folder.
This has now been fixed by removing the svn:needs-lock property for this
file.

For you the easiest is to browse to .od folder where you will find the
"settings" and "settings.bak" files. Right click on each of them and
click properties and check whether they are read only. If read only is
checked, uncheck that and press Apply and then OK. After that run
OpendTect, and this time it will be able to write its settings properly.

The source code if installed from developers package available from the
installer should not have this problem.

Regards
Aneesh

Aneesh Tiwari
Software Engineer
dGB Earth Sciences
310   Gateway Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai
Mumbai - 400076, India
Phone: +91 22 25704984
aneesh.tiwari at dgbes.com  <mailto:aneesh.tiwari at dgbes.com>,http://www.dgbes.com  <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dgbes.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHX0JOpgsHKzdsCCqizfJdiYNVPZw>