[OpendTect_Developers] Fwd: Announcing the MLVFilter Plugin

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Wed Feb 19 12:14:05 CET 2014

Dear Wayne,

I think one of our developers have tested the plugin, and will reply with
comments on the technology side of things. I will focus on the legal side
of things. If dGB should consider building/distributing this plugin with
our main OpendTect, a contribution agreement has to be signed by the author
of the code. The reason for that is that we  have to cover our back that
you are indeed the owner of this technology and so forth. Our contribution
agreement is adapted from the QT contribution agreement, which should be
acceptable for most.

A copy of our contribution agreement is found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dl5_J2A0jYc-51YDSLMdXRHA4GNHwlDlsQklzOvgdxA/edit?usp=sharing

Best regards,

Kristofer Tingdahl

On 13 February 2014 13:16, Wayne Mogg <wayne.mogg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to announce the availability of a new open source plugin called
> MLV (Mean of Least Varaiance) Filter. It is a simple smoothing filter that
> preserves structure. Details, source code and instructions for building and
> installing are available on GitHub at
> https://github.com/waynegm/MLVFilterAttrib .
>
> The plugin builds on lux64 but due to lack of resources building on other
> platforms hasn't been verified. It would be great to get some feedback on
> what needs to be done to distribute the plugin to the wider user community.
>

> Cheers,
> Wayne Mogg

Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.
CEO