[OpendTect_Developers] Announcing the MLVFilter Plugin

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Wed Feb 19 12:15:51 CET 2014

Hi all,

Wayne wrote:

> I'd like to announce the availability of a new open source plugin called
> MLV (Mean of Least Varaiance) Filter.

Nice!

> It is a simple smoothing filter
> that preserves structure. Details, source code and instructions for
> building and installing are available on GitHub at
> https://github.com/waynegm/MLVFilterAttrib .

I got them into my own set of plugins, and they work nicely on my lux64
system. I had to do a few things because I work in the trunk of the svn
tree:

* The old C-style initialization doesn't work anymore. The first line
when defining is now:

mDefODPluginInfo(plugin_name)
{
     mDefineStaticLocalObject( PluginInfo, retpi,(
           "name", "crby", "ver", "desc" ) );
     return &retpi;
}

* I had to add () to every binid.inl and crl. In 5.0 BinID's derive from
Pos::IdxPair which is a std::pair<int,int>, with 'aliases' for first and
second (inl(), lineNr(), row() and crl(), traceNr(), col().

* We no longer include <string.h>, so I replaced 'strcmp' with '!='.

> The plugin builds on lux64 but due to lack of resources building on
> other platforms hasn't been verified. It would be great to get some
> feedback on what needs to be done to distribute the plugin to the wider
> user community.

Ranojay built the plugins on Windows and they also do a fine job there.

That brings us to making the plugin available for the non-developing
users (that's 99.9% of them). It seems Kristofer is going to post
something about that.

/Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org