[OpendTect_Users] 2D interpretation

Kamala Sen (Geophysics) kamala.sen at fugro-robertson.com
Mon Jan 11 16:40:51 CET 2010

Hi all,

is anyone else doing 2D interpretations on long lines?
I have a series of lines about 400 km long (at shortest), and I find
after a certain distance of interpretation, the software joins the two
ends and although I can carry on adding new seeds, the actual
interpretation doesn't then conform to those seeds. For each line I'm
having to break any horizon up into 6 or 7 "different" horizons, which
is a bit of a nuisance!
On a similar theme, if I import an interpreted horizon, it tries to join
on one end of the interpretation for a 2D line to the end of another 2D
line, which turns the whole thing into a bit of a cat's cradle.

The first problem I've only encountered using my office machine with a
fairly recent update, whereas it wasn't happening on my laptop with a
somewhat older version of OpenDtect. The second problem I've encountered
with earlier versions too.

Any ideas? Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a software glitch?

Thanks,
Kamala Sen

---

Fugro Robertson Limited
Tyn y Coed
Llanrhos
Llandudno
North Wales
LL30 1SA
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1492 581811
Fax: +44 (0)1492 583416

General Email: info at fugro-robertson.com

Website: www.fugro-robertson.com

This email communication (including any attachments) may
contain confidential and privileged information intended solely
for the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited and any reliance on this email (including any
attachments), or on any information contained in it or use of
any information contained in it, is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

The sender of this email communication is not an officer of the
Company and therefore has no authority whatsoever to bind the
company legally to any contractual arrangements.

the sender by telephone and delete the communication.

Fugro Robertson Limited is a limited company registered in
England and Wales (Reg No. 3006207) at Tyn y Coed, Pentwyn Road,
Llanrhos, Conwy, LL30 1SA.  VAT No. GB682004360.