[OpendTect_Users] 2D interpretation

Eric Bouanga eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
Tue Jan 12 16:40:43 CET 2010

Dear Kamala,

We were unable to reproduce the problems you encountered while tracking
long 2D line.
Five 2D horizons were interpreted using 470 km long 2D line (25 m
spacing), tracking on both windows and linux platforms, using our latest
OpendTect version (V 4.0.1f).

To have solve problem, we would like to have more information for example:

- OpendTect version used and platform (screenshots if possible)
- It might be helpful to send me the horizon file (extension .2dh)
itself, this can be found in Surfaces subdirectory of your survey.
However, it must have been saved in ascii-format (not in binary) to
enable us to look for anything peculiar.
To assure this, go to menu Utilities->Settings->Advanced..> Personal
settings > Select "Surface.Binary format" as the settings keyword, and
"No" as the value. After that, (re)save the horizon.

Best regards,

Eric

Kamala Sen (Geophysics) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is anyone else doing 2D interpretations on long lines?
> I have a series of lines about 400 km long (at shortest), and I find
> after a certain distance of interpretation, the software joins the two
> ends and although I can carry on adding new seeds, the actual
> interpretation doesn't then conform to those seeds. For each line I'm
> having to break any horizon up into 6 or 7 "different" horizons, which
> is a bit of a nuisance!
> On a similar theme, if I import an interpreted horizon, it tries to join
> on one end of the interpretation for a 2D line to the end of another 2D
> line, which turns the whole thing into a bit of a cat's cradle.
>
> The first problem I've only encountered using my office machine with a
> fairly recent update, whereas it wasn't happening on my laptop with a
> somewhat older version of OpenDtect. The second problem I've encountered
> with earlier versions too.
>
> Any ideas? Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a software glitch?
>
> Thanks,
> Kamala Sen
>
> ---
>
> Fugro Robertson Limited
> Tyn y Coed
> Llanrhos
> Llandudno
> North Wales
> LL30 1SA
> United Kingdom
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1492 581811
> Fax: +44 (0)1492 583416
>
> General Email: info at fugro-robertson.com
>
> Website: www.fugro-robertson.com
>
> This email communication (including any attachments) may
> contain confidential and privileged information intended solely
> for the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly
> prohibited and any reliance on this email (including any
> attachments), or on any information contained in it or use of
> any information contained in it, is strictly prohibited and may
> be unlawful.
>
> The sender of this email communication is not an officer of the
> Company and therefore has no authority whatsoever to bind the
> company legally to any contractual arrangements.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify
> the sender by telephone and delete the communication.
>
> Fugro Robertson Limited is a limited company registered in
> England and Wales (Reg No. 3006207) at Tyn y Coed, Pentwyn Road,
> Llanrhos, Conwy, LL30 1SA.  VAT No. GB682004360.

/*
   Eric Bouanga, MSc.
   Geoscientist

   dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
   Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
   Mailto eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
   Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104
   http://www.dgbes.com
*/