[OpendTect_Users] SCS pseudo 3D cube

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Thu Jun 10 14:53:01 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Gery wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to construct a pseudo 3D cube
> based on single-channel seismic data.

Making a 3D cube out of 2D data sets. This is a lot more difficult than
one would think initially. It combines interpolation/gridding issues
with FFT issues.

We have been investigating this sort of problems here (actually Bruno
has done most), as a pre-study for something we think that may come in
as a sponsored project by BG.

As an aside: I would like you all to be aware just how MUCH of OpendTect
is there because it was sponsored by *BG*. Too much to mention here.

Anyway, that project is aimed towards making it possible to load cubes
with different orientation/spacing into a (3D) survey. We expect this to
have spin offs in functionality to generate 3D cubes from multiple 2D lines.

All the above won't help you now. It's just that I have no idea how you
could do it at this point in time, and judging from the complete silence
from other users nobody knows.

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org