[OpendTect_Users] import multibeam bathymetry?

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Wed Dec 14 11:49:04 CET 2011

Dear Jared,

welcome to the OpendTect community!

First, I don't really know your data is organized, but I assume that your
grid is, or can be exported into an "x y, depth" text file, with one
measurement on each line.

If so, you can import it as an horizon. You should however note that the
data will be downsampled to the seismic resolution, which may not be what
you want. The way this happens is that OpendTect will read every line of
the file, and snap it to the nearest seismic position (as defined in your
survey setup). If multiple rows map into the same seismic position, the
latest in the file will have preference.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

Kristofer Tingdahl

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Jared Kluesner <jkluesne at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> New user here. I am trying to import a high-res multibeam grid (GMT) into
> Opendtect in order to view a 3D seismic grid with bathymetry and
> backscatter data. Is this possible? I skimmed through the manual and did
> some online searches and came up empty handed...
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> --
> Jared Kluesner, Ph.D.
>
> Post-Doctoral Researcher