[OpendTect_Users] import multibeam bathymetry?

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Wed Dec 14 22:03:32 CET 2011

Dear Jared,

there are a couple of options:

1. You can import the data as point-data (PickSet in OpendTect's
world). The visualization will not connect the dots in the
visualization, and the visualization may or may not be able to
visualize millions of points.
2. You can set the project resolution in OpendTect to match what you
have on your data (i.e. 10 m).

The question is however: What do you want to do with the data? Do you
want to co-render it with seismic data? If so, 2D or 3D seismic data?

If I better what you want to do, there may be more options ....

Best regards,

Kristofer Tingdahl