[OpendTect_Users] horizon mapping

Farrukh Qayyum farrukh.qayyum at dgbes.com
Fri Feb 18 12:05:58 CET 2011

Hello Murty,

I think your problem is mainly addressing to some adjustments in the
tracking setup of OpendTect. The tracker tracks only a small area
because of strict settings in the tracking setup. There are several
possibilities, very narrow time gate, step-wise tracking parameters, or
the allowed similarity value. I will suggest you to please have a look
on the help documentation Section 3.3 (press F1 while running the
OpendTect). The details on it are in the sub-sections i.e. *Event tab*
and *Similarity tab*.

OpendTect tracking setup has several unique options one of those is
step-wise tracking algorithm. If you are interested, you may have a look
on a 7min video tutorial on OpendTect Horizon Tracking
<http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/Horizon_tracking_in_v4.0/>.

Direct link: _http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/Horizon_tracking_in_v4.0/_

Furthermore, for the interest of OpendTect users, we are now routinely
organizing webinars. We often get e-mails from our users about their
wishes on a webinar topic
<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/General/webinars-in-2011.html>. This
e-mail makes me to think about a webinar topic (*Horizon Tracking in
OpendTect*). If you and others have an interest in it, we may organize
it in coming months.

Best Regards,

Farrukh Qayyum
Geoscientist