[OpendTect_Users] PCA

Crepin Eric Bouanga eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
Tue Apr 17 12:16:24 CEST 2012

Dear Santan,

Principal component spectral analysis is not supported in OpendTect.
Spectral analysis can be done in OpendTect using the RGB blending with
spectral decomposition attribute (using FFT or CWT algorithms)
RGB blending (aka color stacking) is a powerful visualization technique
to view multiple attributes simultaneously. In combination with spectral
decomposition RGB blending can be used in DHI finding, layer thickness
determination and stratigraphic visualization in the target interval at
sub-seismic resolution.

Please see the link below for more information:
http://www.dgbes.com/images/stories/PDF/howto_rgb_blending.pdf  .

Best regards,

Eric

On 04/15/2012 10:13 PM, kumar, santan wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I was wondering, is there any way of doing Principal component
> analysis inside OpendTect, for example on the Spectral Decomposition
> outputs.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Santan

/*
    Eric Bouanga, MSc.
    Geoscientist

    dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
    Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
    Mailto: eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
    Tel: +31 534315155 / Fax: +31 534315104
    http://www.dgbes.com
    Skype: ericb_dgb