[OpendTect_Users] Workflow time seismic lines to depth

Crepin Eric Bouanga eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
Tue Apr 17 15:13:37 CEST 2012

Dear Michael,

In order to display the time seismic lines in depth survey you will need
to first export them from the time survey using either the velocity
model, a constant velocity or a well.
  Do the following in OpendTect:

Survey > Export > Horizon > Ascii 3D/2D
Input Surface: Your time seismic line
Output type: X/Y
Output Z: Transformed
Depth conversion: Linear (Constant), Velocity (Model) or Well

You can then import your surface(s) in depth survey.

Best regards,

Eric

On 04/17/2012 02:51 PM, Michael Cornyn wrote:
> Crepin
>
> Is there a suggested work flow for inverting time seismic lines into
> depth?
>
> Regards
>
> Michael Cornyn
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 17, 2012, at 5:16, Crepin Eric Bouanga <eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
> <mailto:eric.bouanga at dgbes.com>> wrote:
>
>> Dear Santan,
>>
>> Principal component spectral analysis is not supported in OpendTect.
>> Spectral analysis can be done in OpendTect using the RGB blending
>> with spectral decomposition attribute (using FFT or CWT algorithms)
>> RGB blending (aka color stacking) is a powerful visualization
>> technique to view multiple attributes simultaneously. In combination
>> with spectral decomposition RGB blending can be used in DHI finding,
>> layer thickness determination and stratigraphic visualization in the
>> target interval at sub-seismic resolution.
>>
>> Please see the link below for more information:
>> http://www.dgbes.com/images/stories/PDF/howto_rgb_blending.pdf  .
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On 04/15/2012 10:13 PM, kumar, santan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I was wondering, is there any way of doing Principal component
>>> analysis inside OpendTect, for example on the Spectral Decomposition
>>> outputs.
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards
>>>
>>> Santan

>> --
>> /*
>>     Eric Bouanga, MSc.
>>     Geoscientist
>>
>>     dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
>>     Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
>>     Mailto:eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
>>     Tel: +31 534315155 / Fax: +31 534315104
>>     http://www.dgbes.com
>>     Skype: ericb_dgb