[OpendTect_Users] Interval Velocity Conversion

Mick micenko at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 25 12:54:53 CEST 2012

Hi Colin

I would use the time-depth conversion option (Section 7.1.3 in the manual)
for doing this.

Without the velocity model builder plugin you can still make velocity
volumes and do depth conversions. Without going into the full details the
way I do it is:

-          Import velocity functions

-          Use volume builder to grid the functions and make a 3D volume

-          Make an average velocity volume and / or interval velocity volume

-          Time-depth conversion

You already have a velocity volume so all you need is the last step.

Mick

PS you may need lots of RAM