[OpendTect_Users] Interval Velocity Conversion

Colin Hawke colinhawke at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 13:50:21 CEST 2012

Thanks. I didn't really explain the issue very well as I think it is impossible to do this workflow in a 3D OD "Time" project - this is a large project where all my seismic data and interpretation resides. So I've made a duplicate empty 3D OD project that is in "Depth" and has the exactly the sampling the depth SEGY file has (0-10000m in 5m depth steps). I think I can then do the depth->time conversion in this new "Depth" OD project and export the Velocity model in time and import to the "Time" project. I think it should work - I wasn't thinking laterally enough and was trying to do it all from the time domain.

Cheers, Colin