[OpendTect_Users] Interval Velocity Conversion

Colin Hawke colinhawke at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 14:57:06 CEST 2012

Arnaud,

I have a PDSM interval velocity model in depth in SEGY. All I want is a PSDM interval model in time. I don't want RMS velocities (I don't think I mentioned RMS anywhere).

>> you can do all your
    time-depth conversion work in a time survey with a velocity model
    stored in depth.

As mentioned I have a time OD project and I have a SEGY PSDM interval velocity model in depth. I need this interval PSDM model in Time - can you explain this to me? as it is not obvious how to do this when in the time domain in OD. I need the interval velocity model in TWT as I am building a rather complex trend based rock property model taking in to account over pressure, it is not just time to depth conversion.

Appreciate any help. I have sent a private support question as I believe I have found a bug anyhow.

Kind Regards

Colin Hawke.

Consultant Geophysicist

Predict Geoconsultants Ltd.