[OpendTect_Users] multi machine processing

Ranojay Sen ranojay.sen at dgbes.com
Wed Nov 14 12:36:42 CET 2012

Hi Anders,
> Hi Ranojay
> Thanks for the answer.
> Turning off the firewall on all machines does not seem to make any
> difference.
> Yes it works if I only select the local host.
> The error message in the window is:
> Info for inline 2134-2136 on 192.168.1.250: Cannot find output Seismic
> Object with ID '1000010.1344' ...

This means the process is launched properly on the remote machine, but
it could not find the data from the remote machines. In this case it
seems OpendTect data root is not set from within OpendTect on the remote
machine. In order to do that, start OpendTect on the remote machine
itself and set its data root to the mapped drive and also select the
same survey that you are working with. You probably have to do this only
for the first time when you run OpendTect on the remote machine. Now
make sure you have write permission to the shared drive and start again.

Please come back if you still have problems.

Regards
Ranojay