[Users] Dtect 3D loading problem

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Wed Apr 6 10:56:43 CEST 2005

Hi Stephen,

This is strictly not OpendTect, it's the WorkStation Access (ArkCls)
plugin, so support at dgb-group.com would be a good alternative.

Anyway:

> I'm trying to load some 3D seismic cube into dtect directly from
> Geoframe using the dtect built-in link. After loading a few tenth of
> lines, it stops and says: The cube is irregular and states the extend of
> the data loaded into dtect, with a mention at the end - Gaps: not present.

The message at the end is what you get if OpendTect thinks the loading
has succeeded. The system will open the resulting cube and extract the
info about the shape of the cube as it is written.

> I know my survey has irregular shape, and has a number of dead traces. I
> tried to reduce the area to form a regular rectangular shape, but here
> again the process stopped after 100 lines, nevertheless mentioning that
> the survey was rectangular... I also tried both options for loading null
> traces (Discard/Pass).

This sounds like a communication problem with GeoFrame to me. I'll pass
this to ArkCls. Usually, it's not pretty hard to figure out why this
happens.

Bert Bril

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Boulevard 1945 - 24, 7511 AE Enschede, The Netherlands