[Users] ridging attribute

Geert de Bruin geert.debruin at dgb-group.com
Fri Jul 8 09:24:26 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Matthias Imhof of Virginia Tech wrote:

> what would be most helpful was connecting and enumerating the ridges.
> Instead of having pixels classified as -1, 0, +1; I would need all
> ridge pixels belonging to the same reflector labelled with a common,
> unique index.

This would indeed be very helpful. In fact such functionality is part of
our currect SSIS (Sequence Straigraphic Interpretation System)
development project. The numbering is to be used for flattening an
entire seismic volume (3D Wheeler transform), which enables us to study
the data in the (chrono-)stratigraphic domain. SSIS will be a commercial
plugin to OpendTect. We are aiming for a release Q106. Academic users,
with whom we have a signed R&D agreement will get free access to this
plugin.

Best regards,

Geert.

--