[Users] Absence of "new from well data" in neural network manager

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Tue Mar 22 16:29:36 CET 2005

Hi Bob,

The problem is in a dGB plugin; therefore not interesting for everyone.
Maybe dGB support is a better place to go in these cases. But anyway:

> But when I quit neural network training and open the neural network
> manager again, I can not choose from "new from picksets" or "new from
> well data". Now I can only choose the option "new"". The same problem
> occurs when I open the neural network manager after adding my seismic
> lines and wells or when I open the neural network manager after adding
> an attribute set.

You are doing 2-D work, right?

When the NN management window pops up, the software has to figure out
whether we are doing 2-D work. In 2-D you should never see 'New from
well data' because that is not supported in 2-D. Therefore, once the
software knows that you're doing 2-D, you will only see 'New', which is
what would be 'New from pick sets' in 3-D.

So my guess is:

* Start - nothing known -> attributes can be on 2-D or 3-D data
* Training -> Now the software knows you're doing 2-D
* Back in the NN management window -> display options for 2-D only

This explains the behavior. The problem in the software is therefore
that it has allowed you to do well data extraction in the first place.
That is pretty hard to block and the developers ask for mercy from the
side of the users. Please do not try to do well data training set
extraction for 2-D lines - it won't work.

Of course, it could be something else. Please let me know.

Best regards,

Bert Bril

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Boulevard 1945 - 24, 7511 AE Enschede, The Netherlands