[Users] How-to: extract a 3D enveloppe of a chimney ?

Aurélien ayg at noc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 11:34:20 CET 2007

Dear OD users,

I did a Chimney cube using the standard procedure. So, it means that I
have a very nice chimney :-)
But now, I would like to represent it in 3D as it looks like a very nice
plume through sediments (see picture attached)

There is several issues to do this:
1) propagate something between the chimney and the non-chimney (user
controlled) to get the enveloppe in 3D.
2) remove all the data and/or values with a "chimney amplitude" lower
than x (x= limit between chimney and non-chimney) and display the result.
3) I don't know yet ;-)

I didn't find any tool able to perform it in OD.

Does anyboby knows how to ?

Hope I am clear.

Cheers,

Aurelien Gay