[Users] SU in OpendTect?

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at opendtect.org
Wed May 2 12:16:02 CEST 2007

Dear all,

One of our users recently asked whether we could support a seismic
processing package within OpendTect. This is a timely question because
with the release of v3.0 beta OpendTect now supports pre-stack data IO
and visualization while more pre-stack functionality can be expected as
our PSDM-VMB (Velocity Model Building) project evolves.

After some brainstorming we believe that we can relatively easy develop
a generic user interface to SU (Seismic Unix). In our solution the user
constructs SU workflows from the available SU programs within OpendTect.
The UI is constructed dynamically by scanning each SU program for its
parameters. SU help files can be popped up at the appropriate time to
guide the user. Input and Output are OpendTect cbvs files. It is
probably possible to include an SU workflow in an OpendTect Attribute
set so that Attribute processing and SU processing are seamlessly
integrated. The same software can be easily adapted to support other
processing softwares that work in a similar way.

We will only develop this solution if we receive sufficient
encouragement (read sponsoring) from our user community. So, if you
think this is of interest and you have budget to spend on a solution
that will benefit the entire OpendTect and SU user communities, please
contact me.

I am looking forward to your response. Best regards,

Paul.

--
-- Paul de Groot
-- OpendTect Support Team
-- paul.degroot at opendtect.org
-- http://www.opendtect.org
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104