R: [Users] Trace Re-sampling in OpendTect

Arnaud Huck arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com
Thu May 31 14:59:26 CEST 2007

Dear Antonio,
Thanks for your feedback. See below my comments.

Best regards,
Arnaud.

-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com, http://www.dgb-group.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104

Corrao Antonio wrote:
> Arnaud,
> I am interested in using the re-sampling feature, especially in some plugins I am working on.
> But before moving to developed code, I did check what you suggested.
> Actually copy cube and export do support user supplied sampling rates, but create seismic output does not: you can specify ranges X/Y/Z but sampling is fixed.

You are right. I did not check this third option.
> I am not surprised by that, as when I asked Nanne about oversampling he said it was not possible (March 19, during SSIS II meeting).
> I checked version 3.0.1c as well as 2.4.2 and they both do not allow that.

Oversampling might not work when creating an output you are right too,
but it works by decimation when using the copy cube option. So you can
always go back to your newly created cube and decimate it, or you might
want to decimate your input cube prior to computing an output with it.