[Users] Opendtect crashes when loading cube

Simon Crombie simoncrombie at onetel.com
Fri Sep 14 10:55:33 CEST 2007

I am using version 3 (April 2007) on a machine running Windows XP Pro SP2. I
have Cygwin installed on the machine. I am trying to work with the demoset
provided with the programme. The first screen comes up correctly showing an
empty box with the coordinate limits of the survey but as soon as I try to
add a stored seismic cube by right clicking Inlines and going to Add >
Stored Cubes > All lines the programme crashes with the omimous message
"odmain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Can anyone suggest the problem and its solution?

I can send the full text of the error message if this would be useful.

Grateful for any assistance.

Simon Crombie