[Users] Opendtect crashes when loading cube

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Wed Sep 19 12:22:27 CEST 2007

Dear users,

A bit unfortunate that this message came through. This is why we
moderate the users group - it's a typical thing for support at opendtect.org.

If you're interested: in the past days there has been extensive contact
with Simon and we now at the level of investigating his OpenGL drivers
(he's using a Matrox Millennium G550 card. It seems the driver for that
card is not actually used).

One thing that may be of interest is the description of the problem. I
think Simon already did a much better job than usual. Still, we usually
like to know *exactly* what goes wrong where. In this case it's very
interesting to know when the crash appears:
(1) Immediately when you select the cube name
(2) During the progress of loading
(3) When the loading is finished but before you see anything
(4) You see something appearing and then it crashes
In hist case, it was (3) which pointed us towards his graphics card drivers.

- Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands