[Users] Petrel and OpendTect direct link

Andries.Wever at wintershall.com Andries.Wever at wintershall.com
Thu May 14 08:43:11 CEST 2009

Dear Adrian,

Within Wintershall we see the development of a direct link between Petrel
and OpendTect as an important step in widening the OD user base; as such we
would encourage such an intitiative and we are interested to discuss
detials either during the OD user meeting 4 June and/or alongside the EAGE
meeting.

Kind regards,

Andries

Andries Wever
Geophysicist
Wintershall Noordzee B.V. (BASF Group)
Bogaardplein 47, 2284 DP Rijswijk
P.O. BOX 1011, 2280 CA Rijswijk
The Netherlands
e-mail   andries.wever at wintershall.com
web       www.wintershall.com

             "Adrian
             Bennetton"
             <adrian.bennetton                                          To
             @arkcls.com>              <users at opendtect.org>
             users-bounces at ope
             ndtect.org                                            Subject
                                       [Users] Petrel and OpendTect direct
                                       link
             08/05/2009 16:29

Dear OpendTect User,

ARK CLS has evaluated the possibility of developing a direct link between
Petrel and OpendTect. The anticipated "Ocean" link would work in a similar
fashion as our Workstation Access plug-in to facilitate direct I/O of 3D
seismic, 3D seismic horizons, and well data. The pricing will also be the
same as our Workstation Access plug-in. We anticipate the initial
development will be done in two phases:

Phase 1: 3D seismic and 3D seismic horizons--------------------- 15 - 20
weeks
Phase 2: Well
data-------------------------------------------------------------- 8 -10
weeks

Before committing to this project we would like to get a feel for the
potential market. Therefore, I would highly appreciate your response to the
following questions:
   1. Would you be willing to pre-commit to this development? We offer:
      zero license fee for every second license and one-year free
      maintenance & support on all licenses acquired.
   2. If you are not ready to pre-commit, would you please let me know
      whether you are potentially interested in acquiring one or more
      licenses after the release?
I would really appreciate your response.

Thank you and best regards,

Adrian Bennetton
Managing Director
ARK CLS Limited