[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect at the SEG & Recorded Webinar Available Online

Renee renee.bourque at dgbes.com
Mon Oct 11 16:06:40 CEST 2010

 <http://www.dgbes.com/> dGB Earth Sciences

  SEG's 80th Annual Meeting

SEG2010

OpendTect has loved this last year since going completely Open Source. We
want everyone to know how much we love Open Source, and we want to see how
much you love it, too! We will be giving away a Kindle every day during the
SEG to someone who shows us their love for Open Source! Stop by our booth
#546 to learn more.

Preceding the SEG conference, dGB will hold the first ever US hosted
<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html> Users' Meeting, as well
as two  <http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html> Training
Courses. Additionally, you can
<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html> Meet the dTector in our
booth during the conference. To register for any of these events, or to
learn more, follow the links above.

  Webinars

SEG2010

dGB's OpendTect webinars are quickly becoming very popular, increasing in
the number of registrants each month. There are limited spaces available, so
register promptly if you plan on attending. If you can't attend the live
webinar, then you can still view the recorded webinar. You can find all of
our previous full length webinars, as well as short tutorial videos on our
website.

This Month's Webinar

Survey Setup and Seismic (SEG-Y) Data Loading

Wow, what a great webinar, and what a great attendance! If you were not able
to attend this webinar live, do not worry, you can
<http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/Webinar_Data_Loading/> watch it online
now. Don't forget to tell us what you think. You can give us
<https://spreadsheets3.google.com/viewform?formkey=dElPeDlhUFpGZDcwS3ZBTnZ5d
W9jTXc6MA> anonymous feedback whether you attended the webinar in real time,
or if you watched the recorded webinar online. (Here is the relevant
documentation for
<http://www.seg.org/SEGportalWEBproject/prod/SEG-Publications/Pub-Technical-
Standards/Documents/seg_y_rev1.pdf> SEG-Y Rev1.)

Next Month's Webinar

What should one think of when doing a colored inversion?

This webinar, to be held on Wednesday, November 3rd, will cover two plugins:
SCI (Seismic Coloured Inversion) and SSB (Seismic Spectral Blueing). dGB
Geoscientist, Arnaud Huck, will walk us through the steps and help us to
consider what we are doing, and why we should or should not attempt this
with our data set.

 <http://www.dgbes.com/> footer-dgbes.png

 <http://www.facebook.com/pages/OpendTect/116868268369067> facebookf.jpg
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=1860063> facebookf.jpg