[OpendTect_Users] Batch generation of 2d pictures from atributes

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Fri Apr 15 09:35:36 CEST 2011

Hello Magnus,

Instead of capturing 500 images you can achieve the same (and better)
results by capturing 1 3D image. For your problem I recommend using PDF3D, a
commercial plugin by ARK CLS that allows you to capture the entire 3D scene
in PDF format. The PDF file can be viewed by anyone using the standard (and
free) Acrobat Reader software. In Acrobat Reader (v8 and higher) you can
zoom in & out, rotate, and switch elements on and off. You can even embed
your PDF file in a Powerpoint presentation. For a quick demo of PDF3D please
see this tutorial video:

http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/PDF3D_Demo .

Best regards,

Paul de Groot.

--
*Paul de Groot
President & CEO

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Magnus Lidgren <magnus.lidgren at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I´m struggling with the following problem:
>
> 1. I am presently working with a 2D line set containing some 35 seismic
> lines.
> In order to analyse these lines I have set up a number of attribues and
> created seismic output for the whole line set and for each attribute
> accordingly.
>
> 2. For each single line a 2D Horizon is tracked.
>
> Now I would like to generate pictures for printout, one picture for each
> attribute for every line with corresponding horizons.
>
> Manually this of course can be done, one picture at the time. But as the
> total number of pictures sums up to about 500 pictures, it would be nice if
> this could be done in some kind of a batch mode.
>
> Question: Can this be done?
> Does someone have any clue?
>
> Best regards
> Magnus Lidgren