[OpendTect_Users] Opensourcesoftware for composite logs

Hugo Manoel Marcato Affonso haffonso at anp.gov.br
Wed Jul 27 18:54:10 CEST 2011

Dear all,

Anyone know a opensource software (like the OpenDetect) to make composite
logs?
I know "Geo" (www.geologix.com) and "Winlog"  (wwww.hrhgeology.com).
This softwares are used to make composite logs, but both are paid.
Thank you.

De:
"Alex Antunes" <alex at geologia.ufrn.br>
Para:
users at opendtect.org
Data:
27/07/2011 11:30
Assunto:
[OpendTect_Users] Well logs and neural networks.

Hello everybody,

I'm needing to compute a sonic log in a well that doesn't have it, but I
don't
want to use the Gardner's approximation.

I think that this is possible to perform by using the neural networks in
OpendTect, using a sonic log plus a set of other logs from a reference
well,
but I didn't find any tip on it in the OD documentation.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Regards,

Alex Antunes.

Prof. Alex Francisco Antunes
Geologia Estrutural e Interpretação Sísmica
Laboratório de Geologia e Geofísica de Petróleo
Depto. Geologia - Prog. Pós-Grad. Geodinâmica e Geofísica / UFRN