[OpendTect_Users] Fault Stick Set in 2D window

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Mon Jun 6 10:21:05 CEST 2011

Dear Marcelo,

In each 2D window you can display whatever you need but you have to tell the
system what you want to display. This means that you must load the fault
stick set in each 2D viewer. New fault sticks can then be picked in all
windows (2D and 3D) in which this particular fault stick set is loaded. All
windows will immediately show all updates made.

Your work flow of applying an AGC, exporting this to SEGY and importing it
again is possible but not very logical. One of the strong features of
OpendTect is that you can apply any attribute (AGC is also considered an
attribute) on-the-fly. This means that you can skip the whole process of
exporting and importing by simply defining the AGC attribute in the
attribute definition window and to apply this to all data selections (3D
scene: right-click in the tree -> Select Attribute -> Attributes ->
"A_Gain").

Some attribute calculations are CPU intensive, in which case computing the
entire data set and saving this in OpendTect format increases your
efficiency when interpreting the data. To compute the attribute go to the
Processing menu and select Create Seismic Output -> Attribute. This is more
efficient than exporting / importing via SEGY.

Good luck and best regards,

Paul de Groot.

--
*Paul de Groot
President & CEO
<taipataipa at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> I'm using the new 2D window of the 4.2 version.
>
> I made this:
>
> 1 - interpret some fault sticks on a 2D windows. With the seismic section
> "A".
> 2 - Save all sticks.
> 3 - Give some AGC gain to seismic section "A" and export it as "A_gain".
> Exported in sgy.
> 4 - Import this sgy to opendtect.
> 5 - Load in a 2D windows this "A_gain".
> 6 - Load the sticks that I traced in the "A".
>
> But... the sticks dont appear in this new 2D window with a different
> section. Only appear in 3D or in the original section.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> I want to interpret and or change this sticks buy looking for the new sgy.
> With is new, but in teory with the same geometry as the original. So the
> sticks need to appear in Both? Dont?
>
> thanks,
>
> Marcelo
> ps - sorry for bad english