[OpendTect_Users] facies map

Colin Hawke colinhawke at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 10:22:32 CEST 2011

Hi Alireza,

Yes in OpendTect the seismic facies output is called 'segment'.

In
 the element tree of OD you will see 'Volume' - if you load the 'NN
segment volume' in to this you can then take advantage of the 'volume
rendering' features that OD has. First, you would need to create a
segmented colourbar - pick a colourbar you like and then in the
colourtable manager choose 'segmentation' fixed with the same number of
classes/segments you output in the NN. You may also want to change the
'undefined colour' to transparent (click on the undefined colour box and
 change the alpha channel to zero). To show just your fracture segments
in the 3D view you would need to create a custom opacity tailored for
the segments of interest - In the colourbar manager there is a red
opacity line - you will need to make the segments you want (the
fractures) opaque and the rest of the segments transparent. Save this as
 a custom colourbar.

In the 'volume' element in the tree use the
'Volren' option and if used together with your new colourbar you should
see only the segments of interest - hopefully your fracture patterns in
3D.

Hope this helps.

Colin