[OpendTect_Users] Generating chronostratigraphy in a 2D project

Michael Heeremans michael.heeremans at geo.uio.no
Mon Jun 20 10:16:04 CEST 2011

 Hi,

 I have a student working with a project only containing 2D seismic
 data. He has interpreted a set of seismic lines in order to make a
 chronostratigraphic study. We encounter some problems when we want to
 create the chronostratigraphy along a single line.

 After interpreting the horizons, we made a steering line for the line
 in question. Now, we wanted to create the horizon 'cube' for this
 section, but when pressing the 'Read Horizons' button in the 'Create
 Horizon Cube' dialog box, it first takes app. 5 minutes for the Select
 Horizons dialog box to appear and secondly, the box is empty.

 Our question therefore, what are we doing wrong? Do we need to make a
 2D lattice grid? I tried, but it failed. Do we have to do something with
 the horizons before they can be displayed in the Select Horizons dialog
 box?

 Regards, Michel

--
 Dr. Michel Heeremans

 Data Management and Geoscientific Software support
 Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo
 PO Box 1047 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
 Room 205, Geology Building
 tel: +47 228 56615, mob: +47 99 434 968, fax: +47 228 54215
 e-mail: michael.heeremans (a) geo.uio.no