[OpendTect_Users] 2D viewers in OpendTect and screenshot tips

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Thu May 19 17:56:12 CEST 2011

Dear Mike,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Mike Stone <mstone at act3solutions.com>wrote:

> Ahhh....
>
> How did I not see the 2D viewer.
> I guess the only real downside is I can't display multiple attributes the
> way you can in 3D?

That is correct. One alternative is to load the attributes you want in the
3d scene, turn on the orthographic camera (icon on the left side of the
visualization), remove all scene annotations (right-click on "Scene 1" in
the tree and select properties to control them), rotate/zoom your view until
you have what you want, and take a screenshot.

You can then use the photo-editor of choice to stretch/squeeze it as you
wish.

Should you want a cut through the volume in another direction inline or
cross-line, you can always do a Random line.

Another unrelated question,

> Any tips on boosting crossline pull up speed? We have fairly large
> volumes(100-200GB) So these are taking awhile.
> Is there anyway to have a 'crossline ordered' attribute?

No, we do not have that. We do however have a bricking file format. To
convert to that, please do the following:

   1. Survey->Manage->Seismics
   2. Select the volume you want to brick.
   3. Click Copy (4th icon from the bottom on the right side).
   4. Under "Format/Scaling", select "Optimize for Horizontal Access"
   5. Give it a new name, and start the copy process.

This will make the volume load equally 'slow' in all directions.

Please let me know how it goes!

- Kristofer Tingdahl

--
Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.