[OpendTect_Users] V. 4.6 crash on data load

Mark Fischer mfischer at niu.edu
Mon Oct 21 18:18:48 CEST 2013

I am a novice user of Opendtect and have only a little experience loading data into IESX years ago.  I have been trying to load into Opendtect, the West Waha 3D seismic data set that is publicly available through the University of Texas.  I want to use this data set for a course that I am teaching next semester.

I am running version 4.6 on an Apple computer running Mountain Lion.  When I scan the SEG-Y file and attempt to extract the loading parameters from the header, the numbers momentarily show up in the data loading window, but then the program crashes.  I'm wondering if anyone else has reported this problem with this or any other data set?

Thanks.
--Mark

Professor Mark P. Fischer, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director and Assistant Chair
Department of Geology and Environmental Geosciences
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115-2854
ph:  815.753.7939
fax:  815.753.1945