[OpendTect_Users] Amplitude gain and volume mode

Damian Ferreira dfer666 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 10:07:11 CET 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum as well as to OpendTect and have a few simple things which I need help with.

1. how does one change the amplitude gain - In kingdom you can do this with f5 and f6, is there a similar option in Opendtect
2. I'm running the software on a Dell M4700 workstation which as per the software indicates that there is 15.9 GB free mem however after pre-loading just one amplitude volume in memory the free memory goes down to 2GB. Is there anyway to get around this. The volume mode also works very slowly (even with the preload) unlike the demo. The seismic volume is not big either. Any suggestions.

Cheers