[OpendTect_Users] Exporting OpendTect data to Petrel

Adrian Bennetton adrian.bennetton at arkcls.com
Mon Nov 3 14:36:39 CET 2014

Hi Steve,

ARK CLS has developed a plug-in for OpendTect and a plug-in for Petrel which provides connectivity between OpendTect and Petrel. It is known as GeoDataSync(r) Accelerate.

It supports from the Petrel side access to 3D seismic data stored in an OpendTect survey without copying thus avoiding duplication of large 3D seismic data sets.  It also support import/export direct between OpendTect and Petrel for the following:

Seismic 3D (whilst this is supported it is not necessary as mentioned above)
Seismic 2D
Horizons
Faults
Wells
Wavelets
Polygons

http://www.opendtect.org/index.php/products/opendtect-roadmap/3rd-party-plugins

GeoDataSync Accelerate is only available as a Windows 64bit plug-in for OpendTect v4.6 and v5.0 and Petrel v2012, v2013 and v2014.  Providing the appropriate academic license agreements have been signed GeoDataSync Accelerate is available free of charge under the academic license agreements.

Best regards,

Adrian Bennetton
ARK CLS Ltd
+44 1234 834864