[Developers] Cannot run batch processing

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Tue May 8 18:59:07 CEST 2007

Hi all, Robin,

> 3) In the main OD console I get the message: Unmatched '.

This is typically a problem with the fact that Windows has spaces in
file names all around. The scripts that run batch programs are for a
large part dedicated to circumventing the problems with spaces.
Apparently, you hit yet another problem (one that we don't know of).

> In the OpendTect/bin directory, when I run the exec_prog script from a bash
> window I do get the same error message as above: Unmatched '. I can run the
> other scripts in this directory without a problem....

Weird. There are several tools to investigate such situations. First of
all, OpendTect has the DTECT_DEBUG environment variable to show all
kinds of things going on inside OpendTect (see also debugmasks.h).

In your case, stting 'DTECT_SCRIPT_VERBOSE' and 'DTECT_SCRIPT_DEBUG'
could be more effective. They show all kinds of stuff from within the
scripts.

> I've set verbose to yes and am not seeing anything other than the "Unmatched
> '." message after I press the ok button to start the batch.

Is this DTECT_SCRIPT_VERBOSE? In that case, I fear the program already
calls the script itself in a wrong way. The handling of these batch
programs is done in uiIo/uibatchprogs.cc, in
uiBatchProgLaunch::acceptOK(). If you debug that, you can print the
command it sends to Windows and check out what's wrong with it.

Best regards,

Bert Bril

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands