[OpendTect_Developers] Automated data loading

Marc Langlois marc at tbi.ca
Thu Jun 2 18:22:44 CEST 2011

The data loading tools in OD work very well but still require a certain degree of experience and know-how to make it fast and easy. I would like to simplify the loading of multiple 2D line SEGY data so all our users have to do is open a survey and restore a view from a saved session.

Creating the .survey file looks simple since it's just text. The session files are also text but look a lot more complicated. Are there command-line utilities that would allow the conversion of SEGY to .cvbs and create any other required meta-data? That would allow the process to be scripted with a minimal set of input parameters, e.g. a list of file names.

If command-line tools are not available, would it be possible to create a plug-in that would automate the creation of a new survey and display a set of 2D lines? Or would it be better create my own command-line utility using the programmer API and libraries?

Regards,
Marc Langlois

Thrust Belt Imaging
Calgary, AB, Canada