[OpendTect_Developers] Support building OpendTect with QT > 4.5.3

oemergenc at gmail.com oemergenc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:56:43 CEST 2012

Hey there,

at the moment im trying to build OpendTect with a version of QT that is
newer then the supported version, as mentioned in the RELEASEINFO.txt (e.g.
C:\Program Files\OpendTect\4.4.0\doc\ReleaseInfo).
The actual supported version of QT is 4.5.3. The minimum version im faced
to use is QT 4.6, but of course it would be nicer to use the actual version
of QT (version 4.8).

I tried to build OpendTect 4.4.0 against QT 4.6. The build process
succeeds  but unfortenately i cannot run my OpendTect application. It
immediately crashes with a krypic error message. Here it is:

"Unhandled exception at 0x00e75ab3 in od_main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0xfeeefefe."

Is there anyone who already tried something similiar and can give me some
instructions, what has to be updated in OpendTect?
Maybe the development team has already some experience on this?

Im willing to use some of the new touch features of QT in OpendTect,
therefore im absolutely depending on a new QT Version (>4.5.3)

Thanks for help
Ömer