[OpendTect_Developers] Need help in the begging of the tutorial

Ranojay Sen ranojay.sen at dgbes.com
Tue Sep 17 09:26:11 CEST 2013

Hi Matheus,

> Hi guys,
>
> I think my doubt is really silly, but I'm getting this error and can't
> find a solution.
>
> I'm new to development of C/C++ and I'm trying to learn more about the
> opendTect plugins. Doing the tutorial, at the part of debugging the
> projects I get an error that says that could not find this path:
> C:\ODWork\Debug\od_main.exe. This folder "Debug" is empty.
> Maybe I downloaded the wrong package or something? Or something went
> wrong in configuration?

It seems your ODWork environment is not setup properly from CMake. I
guess you are not setting the "OpendTect-Dir" properly from CMake. I
will mention below the steps you need to follow for building the plugin
development environment.

1) Use the Utilitie -> Tools ->  "Create Plugin Devel Env" option from
OpendTect's menu.
2) Once all the necessary files are copied to the ODWork folder
3) Run CMake, and select your development location i.e ODWork in this
case.(both for source files and out files options in CMake)
4) Now you also have to provide the "OpendTect-Dir", that is the
OpendTect installation folder, where all the OpendTect header files and
library files are installed.
4) Use CMake configure and generate to create the Visual Studio solution
files.

Once this is done open the solution file and start building the
solution. After all the projects are built, set the "od_main" project as
the strat-up project, and press on the F5 key from the keyboard. This
will launch od_main(OpendTect main) program, where you can load the
plugin you made.

Regards
Ranojay

> Sorry for the newbie question,
>
> Thanks.

Ranojay Sen
Team leader Windows development
dGB Earth Sciences (India)
310, Gateway Plaza,
Hiranandani Gardens - Powai
Mumbai 400 076 - India -
Tel. +91 22 25704984 - Fax +91 22 25704977
www.dgbes.com www.opendtect.org