[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect Users' Meeting & Training at the SEG annual meeting

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Tue Aug 31 19:20:27 CEST 2010

 <http://www.dgbes.com/> dGB Earth Sciences

     OpendTect Users’ Meeting & Training at the SEG

SEG2010

The SEG’s 80th Annual Meeting in Denver is just around the corner, and dGB
Earth Sciences will host a number of events both before and during the
conference. Preceding the SEG conference, dGB will hold the first ever US
hosted Users' Meeting, as well as two Training Courses. Additionally, you
can Meet the dTector in our booth during the conference. To register for any
of these events, or to learn more, click the register button below

 <http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html> Register

Users' Meeting

Sunday, October 17th , 10am-3pm

This free event is intended to stimulate user interaction, share ideas and
experiences, and in general to ensure that OpendTect evolves in a direction
driven by its users. All OpendTect users (both with GPL or commercial
licenses) are welcome to present their workflows, results and experiences.
If you are interested in presenting, please
<mailto:support-americas at dgbes.com> contact us. We encourage active
participation, and are looking forward to lively discussions and much user
input!

Introduction Training

Friday, October 15th , 8am-5pm

The training will cover all basic interaction and the most important seismic
interpretation workflows in OpendTect. Topics to include: project set-up and
data loading, basic interactions, basics of the attribute engine, processing
attribute volumes, spectral decomposition, RGB color blending, and much
more. Please visit our  <http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html>
website for a more detailed description.

Advanced Training

Saturday, October 16th , 8am-5pm

For users who have already had the introductory course, or who are already
fairly proficient in OpendTect, we are offering a relatively fast paced
advanced course. Topics to include: advanced attribute workflows, dip
steering, improving seismic data quality, neural network considerations, and
other topics to be determined by participants. Please visit our
<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/users-meeting.html> website for a more
detailed description.

Meet the dTector

Monday-Wednesday, October 18th-20th

Skilled dGB scientists, aka “dTectors”, will be offering a limited number of
½ hour consultation sessions in our booth during the exhibition. You can
bring your own data and discuss issues, or have us help you create
attributes, steering, or get you started on other items. If you cannot bring
your data, then bring your problem and we can address it using the F3 demo
data. Limited slots are available, so reserve yours now by emailing
<mailto:support-americas at dgbes.com> support-americas at dgbes.com.

 <http://www.dgbes.com/> footer-dgbes.png