[OpendTect_Users] SEGY toolkit software

Witold Seweryn witek at picknowl.com.au
Thu Feb 25 15:35:55 CET 2010

Dear OpendTect users,

I would like to point OpendTect users to my website, where Segy toolkit
software is available for
download. I think it may be very useful in preparation of segy data before
offers many tools for viewing and editing segy headers. Among others there
are module for writing
coordinates to 2D and 3D segy files, converting geographical datums, cutting
3D segy data to
smaller subsets, editing any trace header values, converting trace headers
to required formats and
writing them to required byte locations and much, much more. By using segy
toolkit software you
will be able to prepare segy data, so it can be smoothly loaded to
OpendTect.
One of the main obstacles before any seismic interpretation can be done is
project. Data usually requires some preparation and editing, but there are
no software tools to do it.
I faced this problem for many years and decided to develop software, which
can help to overcome it.
If you are interested have a look at the following address:
users.chariot.net.au/~witek/seisconv.htm .
Demo version is available for free, but it has limited capabilities. The
cost of fully functional version
is 100 AUD(Australian Dollars), or about 90 USD.
First five people, who mention OpendTect in their emails will get Segy
toolkit licence for free.

Witold Seweryn