[OpendTect_Users] need help

Yuancheng Liu yuancheng.liu at dgbes.com
Thu Oct 18 16:08:45 CEST 2012

Hello, Nayyer,

I am glad the trick works for you.

To answer your question, OpenGL shading is a programming technique used
in OpenGL which gives some specific affects in display.  We use shading
in OpendTect to make better, crispier display if the users' graphics
cards support it. You can see a big difference when display objects in
the scene if you turn on and off the shading.

Unfortunately, not all graphic cards support shading, especially those
old ones. Also, different brands may support differently. Based on what
I know, Nvidia cards may behave better than ATI cards in OpendTect.

Best regards,

Yuancheng Liu