[Users] How-to: Move/resize you elements

Arnaud Huck arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com
Fri May 18 12:48:37 CEST 2007

Dear OpendTect users,
Between versions 2.2 and 3.0 (in beta version), one of the ways to move
and resize elements in the interact mode was changed. By elements, I
mean an inline, crossline, time slice plane, but also volumes.

The arrows are gone, and suddenly it can become hard to resize an
element without moving it. Indeed, the mouse left-click action will move
your plane (drag-and -drop), unless you select a green anchor. Sometimes
the anchors are difficult to grab, and the plane has moved while you
were trying to resize it. To circumvent this behaviour, a shortcut has
been implemented.

If you wish to resize your element, or if you want to be sure not to
move it, you have to press the "shift" button while  doing your
selection with the mouse. "Shift" is the default button, but you can
change this settings in the properties of your element (right-click -->
properties). You will see that a second tab is now present, called
"Mouse interaction". I described the "Pan movement", which is associated
to the default key "Shift".
On the other hand, there is a scroll movement key which is set in the
defaults to "none". Once you have defined it, pressing it would enable
you to move (scroll) a plane without resizing it accidentally. Once
those settings are changed, they will be written in your settings file,
so you will not need to specify it for every new element. Please note
that saving your default settings is not implemented in the beta
version, but it will be in the stable 3.0 release.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,
Arnaud Huck.

-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com, http://www.dgb-group.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104