[Users] Complementary software

Tracy Stark tstark3 at verizon.net
Fri May 23 18:04:16 CEST 2008

All,

I am developing a variety of proprietary plug-ins within OpendTect.  To date
they have only been used on client data as part of service projects. Some of
these will be available for interested parties to license.  For much of my
work I utilize a volume rendering viewer that requires a TeraRecon VolumePro
board.  Here is a brief overview of the type of plug-ins I am working on.

Age and Wheeler Volume generation:  These plug-ins will generally augment
OpendTect¹s  SSIS software.  Some of the technology behind my plug-ins is
patented, or patent pending, and some has been discussed in:
* Stark, Tracy J., 2004, Relative geologic time (age) volumes‹Relating every
seismic sample to a geologically reasonable horizon: The Leading Edge, 23,
928-932.
* Stark, Tracy J., 2005, Generation of a 3D seismic ³Wheeler Diagram² from a
high resolution Age Volume, 75th Meeting, Society of Exploration
Geophysicists, Expanded Abstract, 782-785.
* Stark, Tracy J., 2006, Visualization techniques for enhancing
stratigraphic inferences from 3D seismic data volumes, First Break, Volume
24, April 2006, 75-85.

Anomalousness Volume Generation and Visualization:  These routines are
primarily aimed at detecting all classes of AVO anomalies by utilizing
partial stack data volumes.  They also detect residual moveout errors.  The
ColorStack displays can also be used in helping correlate across faults.
Some of this work was discussed in:
* Stark, Tracy J., 2005, Anomaly detection and visualization using
color-stack, cross-plot, and anomalousness volumes, 75th Meeting, Society of
Exploration Geophysicists, Expanded Abstract, 763-766.

Structural and Stratigraphic Closure estimation:  These routines identify
potential closures found in structural maps.  When coupled with the Age
Volume, new attribute volumes can be generated in which the attribute value
is related to the hydrocarbon trapping potential of a particular seismic
sample.

Structural and Stratigraphic Attribute generation:  As part of the Age
Volume generation I build a few unique attribute volumes.  Some of these are
build to help create the Age Volume, while others are built using the Age
Volume.

ColorStack Volume Generation:  This plug-in converts any four OpendTect data
volumes into a ColorStack+Opacity volume that can be viewed with by
VolumePro based volume rendering software.  This software allows a
512x512x512 volume to be rendered interactively with voxel lighting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tracy